Bastad! Rats! - Milbrook

 


This Basingstoke lot apparently couldn't agree on how to punctuate their name - maybe that's why they broke up 9 days before I first stumbled across this album? Oops. There's nothing like having your finger on the pulse. 

Anyway, Bastad Rats (!!) blended street punk with gruff punk and melodic hardcore, replete with an awesome guitar sound, and some cracking songs.

Highlights for me are "FU.HF.BY", which speaks to my soul (or at least to my own flaws), and the epic closing duo of "Medicine" with its catchy refrain and "Mx4xL" which features the stunning vocals of Jenny Anderson, who I wish had sung on more songs here! 

Even as they are though the songs are strong across the board, and this is a damn fine punk record and one which is well worth rediscovering. 

𝗦𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗼𝗿 𝗗𝗼𝘄𝗻𝗹𝗼𝗮𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺:

Comments